Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My first professional art work !

Very exciting news, loyal readers ( yup - all three of you ) ! I was comissioned last week to do the art for a book cover - for real money no less !

Now - before you LOSE YOUR MIND with excitement for me, just a couple of context details. It is for a short story collection written by the guys at The Dunesteef Podcast - it's not going to be an international bestseller I think ( though it hopefully will do well ! ), and it's not going to be for much money. I don't know exactly how little - but y'know, that's not important.

Here's what IS important. The Dunesteef Podcast guys liked my art enough that they were willing to ask me to do it in a professional sense. I like those guys a lot - and it's really cool to get that kind of affirmation.

Right - so the collection is going to be called 'Pretty Ugly'. Here's the brief I was given :

My idea--our idea--for the art was of an ugly girl (teen?) standing in front of a mirror, and inside the mirror there's a beautiful girl.

Alright.

I can do that.

I'm going to do everything I can to make this the best I can !

No comments: