Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cover Art - 'A Lovely Singing Voice'

I was listening to an episode of the Dunesteef's offshoot podcast today, and one of the hosts mentioned that he was needing cover art for his story 'A Lovely Singing Voice', and gave a brief description of what the image was that he was after - one of the principal characters looking through an aquarium.

'I could do that' I thought to myself.

When I got home ( I was at a park with the boys at the time ), I did a REALLY quick sketch, and sent it off to see what the general thought was on it. I didn't know if he wanted / needed me to do anything for him ( and I did feel a little weird about offering with no invitation ), but I thought that even if he didn't, it might be a good drawing exercise for me.





I was happily working on the look of the aquarium stones :

When I got an email back - he liked the general idea and seemed pretty happy for me to knock something out for him. So that's cool. He did want the girl looking more sinister and for it to be bigger - which shouldn't be too much of a problem.





Updates as I progress !

No comments: