Monday, January 02, 2012

Dunesteef Cover #2 - With Mars in his Hand - Initial Sketch

Okay - straight in with the second cover project. This is for the 'With Mars in his Hand' story. Most of the action happens on Mars in this one - with the main character trying to bring his dead / comatose / whatever wife back to life. There's a sort of Adam and Eve thing going on in this one - and an image that really struck me was of these mechanical bees pollenating a special Martian tree. So that's what I'm going for in my image. Here's the initial sketch :



First step will be to outline this properly with vectors. I don't know how much of that I'll get done tonight though - Lorenzo is supposed to be asleep, but he's wailing pitifully instead. I'll give him another five minutes and then get him up.

Sigh. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: