Tuesday, March 07, 2017

A couple of covers

Not much work on the comic this last week, but I have done a couple of cover pieces for my author friend Rish.

The first was more lettering, though I did mess around with the photo he sent me for the cover - layering in purples into the sunset, darkening the branches, and intensifying the setting sun. Worked out fairly well I thought.

Here's the original photo :






And how it ended up : 



The other one I was supposed to do a LOT earlier. I offered to do a cover for Rish's story 'Murdertown, 1 Mile'. I had what I thought was a really good idea, though when I came to create it, it didn't live up to my hopes for it...


 I was pretty unhappy with it, and I left it for quite some time. A couple of days ago I opened the file up and was struck with a way I could make it better -


I had to find some 'splatter' brushes on line - but that wasn't too hard. I'm much happier with the way this version looks !

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

You don't see chalk outlines in movie and TV shows anymore (probably because they just go ahead and show the bodies nowadays). I wonder if they're even still used.