Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cover Art - 'A Lovely Singing Voice' - Final

Well, the client actually preferred the less coloured version. That surprised me a little, but hey - you like what you like ! I did seriously hate the way the hair looked when it was desaturated, so that needed a fix :





I ended up making selections of the hair areas ( which involved a LOT of the magic wand tool - I'm sure there was probably a more elegant way of doing it, but heck - it worked ! ), filling the selections with a new gray colour base, then lowering the opacity of the layer, so the previous detail showed though a little. Then I had to touch up the edges a bit, and I added some new highlights.

I gotta say, it certainly makes the fish pop more ! Rish seemed to like the final version, and the story should be up on Amazon for sale soon. I'll try and remember to throw a link to it here when it's up.

EDIT
I totally forgot to post a link ! Here's where you can buy the story on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Singing-Voice-Rish-Outfield-ebook/dp/B00S31I64K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424829616&sr=8-1&keywords=a+lovely+singing+voice



No comments: