Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dunesteef Episode Art - 'Last Contact' - Beginning

So, no - I've not forgotten or abandoned the 100 drawings. With work in full swing I've not had as much time as before to draw. But rest assured - it's still going ! I'm maybe a third of the way through the 'sacrifice' theme drawing.

But I have some other art missions come up on the radar. First is the episode art for an upcoming installment of The Dunesteef It's for a story called 'Last Contact', which was written by Rish Outfield - one of the hosts. Rish was having trouble making his idea for the work, and wanted me to see if I could do something with it. Here it is :


I like it. There's some cool distances from the foreground kite to the far hills / clouds.

I thought I might use some of the texture layer tricks I'd used in my recent 'Drow Wisdom' pics. I've got some of the initial shapes done :






I want to try and keep the colours in the blue spectrum, and have the kite be a red or pink - to have it be the focus ( the kite is reasonably important in the story ). I'll need to alter the hue of the clouds.

Still - it's a start, and not a bad one so far ! 


No comments: