Monday, March 23, 2009

Why I love my job

In so far as you can ever love a job - I love the job I have. Mainly it's the place. I may have said this before, but the school I work at is a freaking AMAZING school. It really is. Seriously - I could not go back to the schools I started at. I am a hot-house flower now n... I would wither and die in those environments. Or mutate and destroy all around me.

But it's the weird things that happen over in the Performing Arts department which are really something. Take for example this phone conversation I heard my HOD have with the HOD of P.E. :

"Hi, is that the gym ?
...
Hey - good morning guys ! I wonder if you could do me a favour ?
...
Yeah - do you have any hula hoops ?
...
You do ? Great - can we borrow some ?
...
Oh - about 20 ? 25 ?
...
How long ? It's hard to say - we're using them to make some giant squid tentacles, so it might be awhile ..."


The one later when we'd had a run through with said tentacles where he was calling auto places looking for around 40 inner tubes we could use for the suckers was equally surreal.

You gotta love that !

No comments: